“A JOURNEY BEGINS…” Tsi Tiotáhsawen Tewatén:ti… An Interactive Indigenous Cultural Experience.
In its earliest days, “A Journey Begins… ” was born out of Education. With the intention to bring the Indigenous component of the Common Curriculum to life. Travelling to various schools/school boards, providing an experience of a Traditional Iroquoian Cultural Social Gathering. This unique Interactive Indigenous Cultural Experience most importantly, promotes awareness and understanding of Indigenous History, Language and World View. Thereby creating an opportunity to bring about a greater connection towards active and sustaining Truth and Reconciliation.
We custom design your experience:
- Identifying individual learning outcomes.
- Providing flexible time slots for booking sessions
- To enhance and support cultural sensitivity
- Custom designed for personal, education and business applications.
- Providing you with an amazing and impactful experience.
I invite you to take a journey into Indigenous Cultural Teachings with me:
“TSI TIOTÁHSAWEN TEWAHTÉN:TI…” (at the place where A JOURNEY BEGINS…)
As Life, after all, is a journey.
CORPORATE RATES AND LARGE GROUP EVENTS PLEASE CONTACT CHRISTOPHER FOR PRICING
(All prices shown are subject to change)
Your Personal Journey
If you are interested in learning more and want to broaden your understanding, check out our workshop page.
If you represent a corporation, business, educational body, government, community or human resource department.
Check out our Professional Learning & Training product. This option may be perfect for your application.
Mohawk Language Coaching
If you are interested in learning the Mohawk Language, check out our Introduction to Mohawk Language product.
If you are at a beginner level in your Mohawk Language learning journey or need a refresher, check out our Mohawk Language for Beginners product.
Custom Mohawk Language Coaching
Contact Christopher for more details and pricing http://contact us page
- Graduate of Queen’s University’s ATEP Program
- Ontario College of Teachers – Primary/Junior Certification.
- 5th generation member of Wáhta Mohawks
- graduate from Wáhta Mohawks – Mohawk Immersion Adult Language Program.
Wáhta Mohawk Territory is located near the town of Bala, in the Muskoka Lakes Township. His ancestors relocated from Kanehsatà:ke – Oka, Quebec to Muskoka, Ontario, Canada in 1881.
In his graduating year of high school, he was one of the many contributors to the creation of the very first Native Studies Course.
His first introduction to teaching was with Wáhta Mohawks – Kinderkids Program. (A unique outdoor education program for Jk/Sk.) This was the starting point for crafting his unique teaching style. He spent many years at Six Nations of the Grand River Territory as a Second Language Teacher – Mohawk (Grades 4-8). Equally important to mention are the following presentations / performances and special events:
- Playing guitar and performing in the Mohawk Language alongside with his brother Jonathon, as “THE WÁHTA BOYS.”
- Private / public school, Youth Clubs – Girl Guides of Canada / Scout Canada Jamborees.
- National Aboriginal Language Day Celebrations
- National Aboriginal Day Celebrations
- New Horizons Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centre
- Bala Cranberry Festival Opening Day Ceremonies Oct 1998
- Native Womens Centre Toronto 2006
- McMaster University World Religion Course 2006
- Town of Bracebridge hosting Gol Norway Youth Friendship Delegation visit 2013
- International Exchange Students from Japan 2013
- Town of Bracebridge 150th Agricultural Fall Fair Celebration 2017
“He had many career changes to keep his family afloat, he would always try to educate and promote his proud Indigenous ancestry, in a positive and meaningful way. “
On August 27, 2018 Christopher received a confirmed diagnosis of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, Diffuse Large B-Cell, Stage 4 Aggressive Cancer. A mass that completely covered the abdomen, surrounded the pancreas, constricting where the small intestine and stomach join, some lesions on his liver, and in his bone marrow. This then began the greatest battle of his life. Undergoing a treatment plan of six very aggressive Chemo Therapy treatments, beginning on August 28, 2018 and concluding on December 18, 2018.
January 18, 2019, with only a 3cm mass left. His Cancer was confirmed non active.
The battle with Cancer was just the beginning. Even as a Cancer survivor, he is now battling the after affects: Severe neuropathy (permanent nerve damage) in both legs.
All of these unique experiences coupled with Christopher’s life changing experience through Cancer, was extremely transformative and eye opening as to what really matters in life – Time.
This unique Interactive Indigenous Cultural Experience provides an introduction to North America’s Indigenous People and their Culture. Thereby creating a welcoming, inviting, engaging, positive experience and opportunity to build a bridge towards active and sustaining Truth and Reconciliation.
Contact Christopher to discuss designing a workshop.
For more information and resources outside of A JOURNEY BEGINS… visit: